Mental healthcare is a very old field of knowledge. However, it is only in the last decade or so that people have become aware of the importance of this discipline. If you or anyone around you is going through a tough time or require mental health attention, you should seek
When is seeking help crucial
Help regarding regulating mental health can be sought at any time. You do not have to necessarily have serious symptoms or issues. However, if you have any of the following symptoms, do not think twice before seeking medical attention.
· Self-harm or suicidal thoughts
· Thoughts about harming others
· Prolonged feeling of anxiety, sadness, anger, worry, or fear
· Prolonged outbursts of emotions or abnormal mood swings
· Memory loss and confusion
· Hallucinations and delusions
· Abnormal loss or gain of appetite
· Obsessive wish to control your weight
· Drastic changes in your sleep pattern
· Sudden withdrawal from society
· Substance abuse
· Physical ailments that cannot be explained in physical terms
How to seek mental health care
You will have to follow a procedure before you get long-term mental health treatment. You must first consider your financial capability and contact your insurance provider if you needneed financial help.
After finances are sorted, you need to consult a physician who can recommend the right mental healthcare professional to you. Otherwise, you can search for mental health service providers near you online. After that, you must book an appointment with the professional of your choice.
Getting help in an emergency
You could either go to a hospital to seek help in an emergency or dial 911 for immediate help. You could also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 that provides support at all times.
You do not require to have drastic symptoms to seek mental health help. If you feel you will do better with help, get it. Getting help in an emergency is also possible. Therefore, do not hesitate and take a step towards a positive and happy life.